Transformational Story
-MODULE 4

Unlike any other child I too have come from a very competitive environment, as simple as it sounds this had many a times lead me into depression. The pressure was not only for study; it was for social status, communication, sports and many more. It was important for a good student to be inclusive in all with good results. Thus due to all this pressure I stopped working towards it due to the fear of failure and hence slowly became unnoticed.

After a long time of this situation I was in college and had an opportunity to start new and come out of whatever I was going through. I still remember it was my end semester examination of Vibration and I had no idea of anything in it as since schooling I was not that good in physics and never ever understood the whole concepts involved in it. Morning at 10:00am was my paper and since the night before I had no clue of what would I do and how would I complete the whole syllabus in such a small period of time. It was 9:00pm and due to fear and pressure I was not able to touch the book. It was at this time that I remembered an incident of my school days.

It was summer evening and as I stayed in a state, which was very cold, so we had our vacations in winter for about 3 months. I was practising for basketball when I fractured my leg and it was so bad that I was not able to go school for 3 months. It was after recovery that I just had started walking very slowly using the sticks for support and it was my first day in school after this incident. I remember while going to class there were girls who were making fun of me. It was at that time I felt so deeply hurt that when I returned home the only thing I could think of was to exercise for my leg so that I can recover as soon as possible. I was able to walk without the stick next day in school. It was learning for me that if I put my heart and soul in something I could do it.

As this incident reflected and I realised what I was doing in this situation was same as before and I had to overcome this situation thus, the next step was to open my book and study. Now while doing this I had three options:

1. To study deeply and finish full syllabus.

2. Study the topics which sir said were important.

3. Study everything superficially.

Thus in this situation I choose first option surely It was difficult and very pressuring but it gave me satisfaction and a thought that I did my best hence making me ready for whatever was next. I was very lucky as due to this attitude only I was able to solve maximum questions and later realised that it was among the most difficult paper set till date.

These two incidents not only made me more aware of who I am but also made me more confident in myself hence helping me grow in life even more, embracing of my flaws and with my capabilities.

Comments